Thursday, September 01, 2005

Good things come to those who wait...

Guess what, I'm back! Back in Muenster, back at my desk, back to write more stuff (almost) nobody reads, . Some might say,"err...wait a minute, you were gone?" well whatever. I'm here to stay.. at least for like twenty minutes.



What happend?
Well, I left the safety and coz(s)iness of my tiny apartment to see something and to experience new things, kind of like an adventure.

In this case we are talking mass hysteria and extremely loud music, actually i've heard lots of loud music before, but this was LOUD! My ears buzzed (or whatever you call it) throughout the entire next day, serves me right for deliberately leaving my earplugs in my bag.

For those wondering wtf. I am talking about...I went to see Coheed and Cambria on Sunday.

And they were outright excellent, amazing, fantastic, you name it...

Totally worth the 4 hour ride to cologne by train/ train/ car /(foooooooood)/ car/ train/ subway/ walk/ (beer) /walk /subway /train...walk

Me and Basti ordered our tickets more than 6 weeks in advance just to make sure we could see “them” in the tiny prime-club, because when they come back to Europe next year they will be HUGE! Well adding up all costs, between the two of us we spent more than 80€ for tickets, fuel and beer. Not to mention the original co&ca comic.

The first part of the way is rather boring, we did a lot of sitting and waiting and I spent my time reading this excellent book by Tobias Wolff called "In Pharaoh’s Army".
Other stuff that happened: I met Basti's father, was struck by the fact that Wuppertal now has a McDonald’s inside the central station, and Basti got hit on by this old lady you see in the pics.

Concerts tend to lose their magic touch when You grow older,I probably saw a few hundred by now, due to my job at Germany’s best club.
But still I am mildly excited when it comes to seeing my favourite bands, even so I had already seen them back in San Diego.
And boy was I right! It was such a blast, the club was packed to the last square inch, getting beer was a task of such unthinkable difficulty that I decided to go with the tiny buzz I managed to reach on the street in front of the club. (poor Americans haha).
As soon as the somewhat average support finished, we went through the usual Hip-Hop routine. (why do so many American Hardcore, Metal; emo, whatchamacallit bands like westcoast hiphop? I wonder..)
People were actually cheering at the roadie, urging him to do whatever the fuck he was doing as long as he was quick at it, at this point basti and I were entertaining pretty much everyone around us by talking gibberish and imitating Dave Chappelle.

By the way: not too many interesting girls, even though there were a couple of them around.
But back to the show, the singer brought the original slash-two-thingy guitar. I was like, Whaaaat? Even though I hardly saw anything except for Claudios enormous hair-do, becaus three tall guys were standing in front of me, interestingly they were the only tall guys in the entire club.

Anyway I'm not going to bore you by listing setlists or other stuff let’s just say it was great,they played all the hits and we entered the moshpit later that night to ummm “sing”.

After all it was a fun trip, and I am soo going to see them again as soon as possible.

Oh next highlight coming up tomorrow I’m going to Dortmund to see Nada Surf play unplugged in a church…wow!

some pics:

basti
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

strange old lady
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

makeshift poster
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

seein' nada
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

better
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

awwww...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home