Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Yuck


Did this ever happen to you?
The fridge is empty and you decide to go to the supermarket and restack on food, no problem so far.
At the Market you just wander around aimlessly since you have no idea what you want to eat later, let alone tomorrow, and then there it is...something you never had before but it sure sounds like a good idea to you, hungry as you are... Bad Idea! (never ever do your groceries when you are hungry!)
In my case, it were sardines in native olive oil, called Cicero(!). That didn't sound too bad, even rather interesting, well then why not give it a try. At €1,49 it's not too expensive and not your usual sandwich.

Back at home, I just prepared myself a slice of our delicious local bread and opened the can, complimenting myself on this brilliant and extraordinary idea... I just found myself a real treasure on the shelf.
And I was right! The first bite was something new or at least something I hadn't tasted in long long time and tasted quite good...the second was OK...the third kinda oily...and the fourth well...

Let's just say I'll never buy sardines in oil again...I am feeling sick right now...like REALLY sick...I could use a Jägermeister

I mean look at it, I can't believe I just ate this

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

You should always keep the pink stuff(pepto-bismal) in the refrigerator. And don't shop on an empty stomach again.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Eddo said...

oh, now that is disgusting.

But the local bread sounds tasty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home